[TYPO3-templavoila] Typoscript IF statement inside FCE <Typoscript> block

Denyer denyer at sozu.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 02:48:34 CET 2013

Hi Guys,
I'm trying to do something really simple and, as usual, it's not working
out.

I have the following within my FCE <Typoscript> block:

10 = COA
10 {
   10=RECORDS
   10 {
    current = 1
    source.field = field_pagetarget
    tables = pages
    conf.pages >
    conf.pages = COA
    conf.pages {
      10 = COA
      10 {
         10 = TEXT
         10.typolink.parameter.field = uid
         stdWrap.stripHtml = 1
      }
    }
   }
   10.if.isFalse.field = field_headingoverride

   20 = TEXT
   current = 1
   20.field = field_headingoverride
}

field_pagetarget is a "link" field, the user points this to a page. The
FCE then pulls the title from the target page via the RECORDS object.

There is another field, field_headingoverride, which is a text-input. I
would like element 10 from the COA to NOT render if field_headingoverride
has a value.

With the above code, 10.  always renders.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? I've tried various permutations but have
so far failed to succeed.

Kindest regards,
Denyer