[TYPO3-templavoila] get content with help of API for ke_search

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed May 30 11:19:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 30-5-2012 8:33, Stefan Frömken wrote:
> we are just trying to create a new indexer for TemplaVoila records
> within our public version of ke_search. We need a hint or a solution how
> to collect the rendered content of one page. Our indexer works as a
> backend module so it should be nice to have a clean solution that works
> in BE, too. OK...there is an API, but in my kind of view I can only
> copy, reference and interact with contentelements, but there is no
> method to retrieve the content of a FCE, Section or what ever.
> There is a second possibility: I can build a temporary TSFE in BE and
> try to retrieve the content out of the main function of pi1. But in my
> option this is not the best solution, isn't it?

I would personally not treat TV records like extension records such as
those of tt_news, etc. TV records (template objects and data structures)
can be page layouts and flexible content elements (and "others").
Let's take for example a FCE which has a field which can contain other
content elements. In this case the tt_content table will contain for
that page the FCE plus all the CEs which are displayed inside the FCE.
If you would render all the CEs of that page you would get the FCE with
its CEs and then all those CEs again.

A data structure can have multiple template objects which influence the
output.
A field in a TemplaVoilà template can hold a simple number, which is
turned into a completely different output (record lookup, generated
image, ...) when the page/FCE is rendered.

I think you should not attempt to interpret the data of TemplaVoilà, but
simply treat the output of the page as content for indexing.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!