[TYPO3-templavoila] TV Framework and multiple domains

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Fri Jul 29 20:07:30 CEST 2011

Hi Tony,

i have similar setup done the following way:

uid0
 + customers with style 1 (main template with common settings and
 |    defaults)
 | + customer 1 (templates detailed settings)
 | + customer 2 (templates detailed settings)
 + customers with style 2 (main template with common settings and
 | + customer 1 (templates detailed settings)
 | + customer 2 (templates detailed settings)

Nesting pages was not a solution for me ;) - it's not very good to
handle. I like plane trees ;)

Regards
Kay

Am 29.07.2011 19:58, schrieb Tony Lush:
> I am setting up a TYPO3 instance using TV Framework in which we want
> multiple domains with similar styling. Each will have some styling
> adjustments to change the headers and colors, but will be quite similar.
>
> I would like all the basic styling of FCE's etc. to be common to all
> domains.
>
> What is the best way to set up the page tree? I can pass along the
> wireframe when I have:
>
> Domain 1
> -Domain 1 Pages
> -Domain 2
> --Domain 2 pages
>
> But if I set up the trees as parallel structures I don't see how I can
> distribute the core TV Framework to all domains:
>
> Domain 1
> -Domain 1 Pages
> Domain 2 (at same level as Domain 1)
> -Domain 2 pages
>
> Do I need a separate TV Framework setup for each domain when they have
> separate page trees?
>
> Thank you -- Tony

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org