[TYPO3-templavoila] New mapping module

Thomas Rehhoff thomasr at REMOVETHISlinkfactory.dk
Fri Mar 6 01:28:12 CET 2009

Hi Steffen
I've tested this and the ability to be able to edit TS settings directly
in the TV module is a great enhancement opposed to the normal
XML-editing method.

Genereally I think you've succeded with creating more overview for the
developer, data elements are listed in a drop-down, when saving you
DS+TO you have a good understanding of what lies in which GRSP and so
on. The general overview of your GRSP are now visualised as folders
which wasn't obvious before. So generally I think you have succeded with
a lot of usability/HCI improvements.

But, I think there's one drawback and that is that creating
data-elements now involves more clicking on the "update" and "close"
button than before, in order to get the "map" button to appear and that
say, for instance when creating a Typoscript Object Path, you have to
click on the "update" in order to get the "extra functions" field" and
then click on that, in order to get to input field for the Object path.
Would it be possible instead to have that appear as in the original
module under the "Element preset" in the "Configuration"-tab? That would
make it both quicker to work with and more accessible.
and to get the "Map" button to appear without having to hit the "Close"
button" - that's how it works up until version 1.3.7

All the best
Thomas

news:mailman.1.1235607834.26286.typo3-project-templavoila at lists.netfielders.de...