[TYPO3-templavoila] Using a plugin as Element in DS

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Mar 5 13:50:22 CET 2009

Hi Niels,

Niels Fröhling schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the question sounds easy: using a plugin in an element of a DS
>> displaying the flexform of the plugin.
>>
>> But it seems to be very hard or impossible.
>>
>> I read the section about using mininews in DS, but this is something
>> like simulating the flexform ( i didn't tested the example yet, but i
>> will do to have deeper knowledge of this)
>>
>> So, who experienced with that or give me an answer about this issue?
>
> Well there are several "issues" connected to this:
>
> - recursive Flexform-resolution in the page-module previews
> (data-fragments)
> - DS-detection and selection in the mapper (possibly through a new
> <FF>-element type: inline-flexform or external-flexform)
> - recursive Flexform-resolution in the content-element attributes

that's why i call it "complex"

> The first is a minor thing and in TV hands,

yes - that should be changed anyway. I don't like preview of complete
section there, something like
section "xyz": containing 5 elements
would be sufficient.

 > the second is a bit more
> complicated, I guess there are no collections of flexform available, and
> there is no flexform-registry, which makes the entire thing very dirty.
> Also because there is no FF-include in the basic core-FF you have to
> carry around FF-fragment copies in your DSs, you update the extension,
> FFs will possibly superseded, you can make checks for modification
> dates, but its rather uncomfortable because of the lack of
> support-routines.

if the plugin comes with an flexform it's rendered by tceforms type
flex. All information is known as plugin does the complete configuration.

> The third is core-ff and possibly extreme ugly, I expect you'll get
> extreme GUI problems when you arrive at FF-constructions with sections
> in section with elements that have tabs, which have ... and so on.
> Actually FFs are more like standalone blobs, they are by no means a
> complete context-free OO GUI description (that would be nice BTW - XUL,
> XAML and the old Win32 resource-defnitions would have been good
> inspirations).

i don't think this is a big problem, as tceforms know how to render.
Sure - the tabs - this could cause problems, but render a flexform
should be easy.

I experimented with nested sections, and core can handle this without a
big problem - as far as i could test

> Most of the restrictions, you see come from the core, no
> access-interface and no reliable FF-GUI renderer. I like the
> prospect/idea though!
>
> Ciao
>    Niels

yeah - again the complexity. But from user sight this is a simple request.
Example:
I have a tutorial fce with section where you enter different paragraphs
of the tutorial. Now you need a codebox. Therefore i would like to use a
section with plugin codebox, you see the flexform (in this cse no tabs)
and enter the code, configure etc. Next section will be normal text
paragraph again.
You see - a "simple" request :D

vg Steffen