[TYPO3-templavoila] Using a plugin as Element in DS

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Thu Mar 5 12:52:08 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the question sounds easy: using a plugin in an element of a DS
> displaying the flexform of the plugin.
>
> But it seems to be very hard or impossible.
>
> I read the section about using mininews in DS, but this is something
> like simulating the flexform ( i didn't tested the example yet, but i
> will do to have deeper knowledge of this)
>
> So, who experienced with that or give me an answer about this issue?

Well there are several "issues" connected to this:

 - recursive Flexform-resolution in the page-module previews
(data-fragments)
 - DS-detection and selection in the mapper (possibly through a new
<FF>-element type: inline-flexform or external-flexform)
 - recursive Flexform-resolution in the content-element attributes

The first is a minor thing and in TV hands, the second is a bit more
complicated, I guess there are no collections of flexform available, and
there is no flexform-registry, which makes the entire thing very dirty.
Also because there is no FF-include in the basic core-FF you have to
carry around FF-fragment copies in your DSs, you update the extension,
FFs will possibly superseded, you can make checks for modification
dates, but its rather uncomfortable because of the lack of support-routines.
The third is core-ff and possibly extreme ugly, I expect you'll get
extreme GUI problems when you arrive at FF-constructions with sections
in section with elements that have tabs, which have ... and so on.
Actually FFs are more like standalone blobs, they are by no means a
complete context-free OO GUI description (that would be nice BTW - XUL,
XAML and the old Win32 resource-defnitions would have been good
inspirations).

 Most of the restrictions, you see come from the core, no
access-interface and no reliable FF-GUI renderer. I like the
prospect/idea though!

 Ciao
    Niels