[TYPO3-templavoila] New mapping module

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Mar 6 01:34:15 CET 2009

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Rehhoff schrieb:
> Hi Steffen
> I've tested this and the ability to be able to edit TS settings directly
> in the TV module is a great enhancement opposed to the normal
> XML-editing method.
>
> Genereally I think you've succeded with creating more overview for the
> developer, data elements are listed in a drop-down, when saving you
> DS+TO you have a good understanding of what lies in which GRSP and so
> on. The general overview of your GRSP are now visualised as folders
> which wasn't obvious before. So generally I think you have succeded with
> a lot of usability/HCI improvements.

thanks. great to hear :-)

> But, I think there's one drawback and that is that creating
> data-elements now involves more clicking on the "update" and "close"
> button than before, in order to get the "map" button to appear and that
> say, for instance when creating a Typoscript Object Path, you have to
> click on the "update" in order to get the "extra functions" field" and
> then click on that, in order to get to input field for the Object path.
> Would it be possible instead to have that appear as in the original
> module under the "Element preset" in the "Configuration"-tab? That would
> make it both quicker to work with and more accessible.
> and to get the "Map" button to appear without having to hit the "Close"
> button" - that's how it works up until version 1.3.7
>
> All the best
> Thomas

the mapping module isn't in last stage, you're right. There are some
more improvements to come, so it helps me a lot if i get some feedback
like yours.
Currently i'm working on the presets for elements, and my goal is that
you can override them with TS, or simply add some own.
When i get finished this i'll take your (and hopefully others) comments
into account to raise usability, thx.

vg Steffen