[TYPO3-templavoila] FCE, workspace and translation fails - Bug?

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Wed Jul 15 00:33:19 CEST 2009

Hi - I just had a short look into the issue and your great screenshot's...
are you sure that this is related to TV? This seems more or less a 
Core-Problem because TV isn't triggered in the first place if you create 
the localization... so the l10n_parent value is something which is imho 
handled within the Core and not within TV...

Could you try to "reproduce" it without TV and afterwards give me an 
update on that? If it's really a TV problem we should try to fix it asap...


Gregor Nathanael Meyer schrieb:
> Follow up: The Bugtracker is online again and this bug was already 
> listed under this URL
> <http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10677>
> I added a notice and hope it will be fixed soon. I hope this is just a 
> change to one line of code in TV.
> Greets,
> Gregor Meyer
>> Hello there, my first post here, I hope I meet your etiquette. :)
>> I think I found a serious bug in the current stable TemplaVoilà 1.3.7 
>> in the combination workspaces with translation of FCE in 
>> <langDisable>1</langDisable> mode:
>> When I create a new translation for any FCE and save it, it shows up 
>> just under the default language's FCE in the TV-page module and is 
>> linked in the database via l10n_parent. This is the normal way and it 
>> works quite well.
>> When I do the same thing in any other than the LIVE workspace, the 
>> translated FCE doesn't show up in the TV-page module. Huh? Why not? 
>> Standard Content Elements work fine this way in all workspaces.
>> A look to the database shows the reason: the fields "l18n_parent" and 
>> "t3_origuid" of the translated FCE link both to an ID which is not 
>> present. In my testcase the default language FCE has the ID 9, the 
>> translation has ID 11 (no other changes to the tt_content table in the 
>> meantime), but it links to ID 10 as its parent, where no entry exists. 
>> Elements and translations in the LIVE workspace use correct references 
>> and get ID with following numbers (in my case 7 and 8). When I change 
>> the referenced in "l18n_parent" and "t3_origuid" to the correct ID (in 
>> my case 9), the element shows up again in the TV-page module in other 
>> workspaces, too.
>> Can anyone follow me? I have made a series of commented screenshots to 
>> illustrate the problem. If you want to see it, i'll upload it anywhere.
>> I reproduced the problem on two different systems:
>> 1: TYPO3 4.2.8, TV 1.3.7 from TER, PHP 5.1.6 on CentOS (not sure about 
>> that, not my system)
>> 2: TYPO3 4.2.6, TV 1.3.7 from TER, PHP 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.6, MySQL 
>> 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4 on an Ubuntu Server 8.04 (with all updates installed)
>> My question to you is: Can anyone reproduce this behaviour? This is 
>> quite simple, if you have a multilanguage-site and at least one FCE 
>> with <langDisable>1</langDisable>:
>> Add a new FCE in the Draft workspace (or any other than LIVE) and add 
>> a translated copy of it. If the error affects you too, the translation 
>> won't be visible in TV's page module and you see an error message in 
>> the select box "Transl.Orig:" iside the "Type" box of the translated 
>> FCE (show the secondary options palette).
>> I had reported this as a bug, but the bugtracker is down since at 
>> least four days, so I bother you with this issue.
>> Kind regards from Duesseldorf, Germany,
>> Gregor Nathanael Meyer


More information about the TYPO3-project-templavoila mailing list