[TYPO3-templavoila] FCE, workspace and translation fails - Bug?

Gregor Nathanael Meyer Gregor at der-meyer.de
Wed Jul 15 00:07:29 CEST 2009

Follow up: The Bugtracker is online again and this bug was already 
listed under this URL
I added a notice and hope it will be fixed soon. I hope this is just a 
change to one line of code in TV.

Gregor Meyer

> Hello there, my first post here, I hope I meet your etiquette. :)
> I think I found a serious bug in the current stable TemplaVoilà 1.3.7 in 
> the combination workspaces with translation of FCE in 
> <langDisable>1</langDisable> mode:
> When I create a new translation for any FCE and save it, it shows up 
> just under the default language's FCE in the TV-page module and is 
> linked in the database via l10n_parent. This is the normal way and it 
> works quite well.
> When I do the same thing in any other than the LIVE workspace, the 
> translated FCE doesn't show up in the TV-page module. Huh? Why not? 
> Standard Content Elements work fine this way in all workspaces.
> A look to the database shows the reason: the fields "l18n_parent" and 
> "t3_origuid" of the translated FCE link both to an ID which is not 
> present. In my testcase the default language FCE has the ID 9, the 
> translation has ID 11 (no other changes to the tt_content table in the 
> meantime), but it links to ID 10 as its parent, where no entry exists. 
> Elements and translations in the LIVE workspace use correct references 
> and get ID with following numbers (in my case 7 and 8). When I change 
> the referenced in "l18n_parent" and "t3_origuid" to the correct ID (in 
> my case 9), the element shows up again in the TV-page module in other 
> workspaces, too.
> Can anyone follow me? I have made a series of commented screenshots to 
> illustrate the problem. If you want to see it, i'll upload it anywhere.
> I reproduced the problem on two different systems:
> 1: TYPO3 4.2.8, TV 1.3.7 from TER, PHP 5.1.6 on CentOS (not sure about 
> that, not my system)
> 2: TYPO3 4.2.6, TV 1.3.7 from TER, PHP 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.6, MySQL 
> 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4 on an Ubuntu Server 8.04 (with all updates installed)
> My question to you is: Can anyone reproduce this behaviour? This is 
> quite simple, if you have a multilanguage-site and at least one FCE with 
> <langDisable>1</langDisable>:
> Add a new FCE in the Draft workspace (or any other than LIVE) and add a 
> translated copy of it. If the error affects you too, the translation 
> won't be visible in TV's page module and you see an error message in the 
> select box "Transl.Orig:" iside the "Type" box of the translated FCE 
> (show the secondary options palette).
> I had reported this as a bug, but the bugtracker is down since at least 
> four days, so I bother you with this issue.
> Kind regards from Duesseldorf, Germany,
> Gregor Nathanael Meyer

More information about the TYPO3-project-templavoila mailing list