[TYPO3-templavoila] FYI: Severe bug in current version of kb_tv_cont_slide

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] news.netfielders.de at digilog.de
Fri Feb 13 17:21:20 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,

 > listen to your example i did this very often before TV, and why not
 > doing it like this:

sure this is possible with TS. But I am talking situations where the
field content has to be configurable by the user.
The root page and it's bgimg was only one example. It is just a very
common case that you have a node in a tree with a certain property and
ALL child nodes differ in that property (but are all equal to their
siblings).
And it still has to be configurable by the user, so a TS solution is not
possible.

Remember the field "Subpages - Page Template Structure". Why was this
introduced? Because it is just a common case that all children have a
template that differs from the parent but is equal between all siblings.
So you define it once in the parent, not 10 times in each child.

Cheers, Jörg.