[TYPO3-templavoila] FYI: Severe bug in current version of kb_tv_cont_slide

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Fri Feb 13 23:29:16 CET 2009

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] wrote:
> Hi Nils,
>
>  > For the Slide this is a contradiction! You'll never be able to slide
>  > from DS1 into DS2, and that includes "Localprocessing Overlays".
>  > Slide will only be available across the range of identical DSs:
>
> nope, you got me wrong. I am not talking about changing the DS over the
> page tree. I only referred to the assignment of templates to pages as an
> example for way I propose to define field sliding properties.
> But let me try again:
>
> Imagine just one template with one DS and one TO is used over all pages
> of the whole page tree. And then imagine your DS defines a field for a
> background image (field_bgimg) to be used in the page.
> And you have one page - lets say the root page - that uses image A and
> ALL subpages use image B (which is a rather common situation).
>
> Now:
> If you use a simple slide definition (like kb_tv_cont_slide currently
> does) you have to set field_bgimg in the root page to image A and in ALL
> firstlevel (!) subpages to image B. All deeper level subpages inherit B
> by sliding (so it is not necessary to set field_bgimg in deeper pages).
> With my proposal you could simply define A and B in the rootpage: A as
> the field value for the current page, B as the field value to slide down
> through all child pages). That would be all.
> This resembles the way templates are assigned to pages (Page Template
> Structure / Subpages - Page Template Structure) - that is why I
> mentioned the DS as an example!

 That requires to have a 2 Flexforms in each Page-Template, one for my
values and one for the default values
of the children (which would hit them in case of fall-through inheritance).
 Or show a pre-filtered Flexform with all inherited-fields doubled (this
and childs).

 Both approaches don't appeal me. I'd rather connect "default-fill
presets" (which means having in addition
or as exchange of DS/TO-selectors a DS/TO/FL-preset selector which not
only incorporates the "Structure"
"Presentation" but also the "Defaults") with the entire concept.

 You would get a third level in the control-center, where you assign
multiple TO to one DS, then you also
assign multiple FLs to the DS and/or the TO. With some enlightenment one
also could lock specific
fields to not be changable (mapped element, inherits from father, not
editable - same DS in father: mapped
element, not locked, editable, has default).

 That approach gives very fine grained control over how and when, where
and by whom inheritance applies
and inheriting-fields will be available/blocked for redefinition.

 Would that suffice for you?
 Ciao
    Niels