[TYPO3-templavoila] FYI: Severe bug in current version of kb_tv_cont_slide

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Feb 13 09:56:50 CET 2009

Hi Joerg,

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] schrieb:
> Hi Nils,
>
>  > For the Slide this is a contradiction! You'll never be able to slide
>  > from DS1 into DS2, and that includes "Localprocessing Overlays".
>  > Slide will only be available across the range of identical DSs:
>
> nope, you got me wrong. I am not talking about changing the DS over the
> page tree. I only referred to the assignment of templates to pages as an
> example for way I propose to define field sliding properties.
> But let me try again:
>
> Imagine just one template with one DS and one TO is used over all pages
> of the whole page tree. And then imagine your DS defines a field for a
> background image (field_bgimg) to be used in the page.
> And you have one page - lets say the root page - that uses image A and
> ALL subpages use image B (which is a rather common situation).
>
> Now:
> If you use a simple slide definition (like kb_tv_cont_slide currently
> does) you have to set field_bgimg in the root page to image A and in ALL
> firstlevel (!) subpages to image B. All deeper level subpages inherit B
> by sliding (so it is not necessary to set field_bgimg in deeper pages).
> With my proposal you could simply define A and B in the rootpage: A as
> the field value for the current page, B as the field value to slide down
> through all child pages). That would be all.
> This resembles the way templates are assigned to pages (Page Template
> Structure / Subpages - Page Template Structure) - that is why I
> mentioned the DS as an example!
>
> My proposal also eliminates the need to train editors that they have to
> choose a background image when they add new firstlevel subpages. I can
> all be done in the parent page.
>
> Cheers, Jörg.

listen to your example i did this very often before TV, and why not
doing it like this:

define image as lib.bgimage

lib.bgimage = IMAGE
lib.bgimage.file = fileadmin/img/bg1.png
[PIDinRootline = 3]
lib.bgimage.file = fileadmin/img/bg2.png
[end]

condition can be anything, also level or specified pids.

vg Steffen