[TYPO3-templavoila] Wish list for TV

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Oct 11 22:59:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> ah, good point. i will look to this ext how this is done.
>
> OK, but I'm not sure if this is such a good approach, since we already
> have a beLayout in the DS. It's kind of duplicate. Up to now I have used
> this extension because it was the only way around the problem. Then I
> had this idea about using styles, which could be more convenient and
> avoids duplicating the beLayout's existence in the DS and the TO.
>
> The idea of graying out unused content areas rather than hiding them
> outright came to me because I thought hiding one element might actually
> break the display according to the beLayout :-)
>
> Cheers

thx for digging deeper. I also don't know the best approach as it should
also be flexible. There is an overlay where TO can overwrite DS, may be
this is a start.
Anyway i would prefer to have layout extern in a file for better
maintaining - like normal templating. TV could use the standard as
default template and has HTML and code seperate.

vg Steffen