[TYPO3-templavoila] Inserting text with images descritpion text confuses editors

Thomas Rehhoff thomasr at REMOVETHISlinkfactory.dk
Sun Oct 5 11:23:52 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen, that's what I did now - I simply couldn't take it anymore - this
constant moaning from people who couldn't figure out how to insert text w.
image to the left....ohh the horror, ooh the pain.

To try and conjure up an answer as to why people do not post for bad
usability, my best guess would be, that Joe-average user
a) doesn't know where to complain
b) doesn't know how to complain (I mean posting in newsgroups) - a webbased
feedback system would perhaps spawn more feedback.
c) has a real life and no time to get involved
d) there's no immediate feedback channel in the BE of TYP03 or if there is,
it's very well hidden  (just to point out an example: If you go into the
Extension Manager, you're told, that if you find security errors, to please
contact the security team. Unfortunately no one ever will, because it isn't
obvious, that the text is actually a link - it doesn't look like a link.

As I personally get more and more involved in T3, I would actually be happy
to give my sixpence once in a while. And I completly agree with Xavier's
comment in this thread, that if you're technically savvy - TYPO3 is your
best friend. But for the not so tech freaked, some tasks are simply to
diffcult to master.

On a sidenote, and this is for the fathers of TV, - TV is the best an editor
can get, compared to the standard page rendering method. Point and click
works for almost everyone and the ability to be able to give editors a BE
page layout, that closely resembles where content is put, just makes it so
much clearer to understand, in contrast to Left, Middle, Right and Border
columns. And no, I'm not talking from a technical point of view. I know
there are lots of things, which are probably easier to achieve in the
standard page rendering method. But that's a discussion on par with whether
or not you like PC or MAC.

Best
Thomas

news:mailman.1.1223158710.28485.typo3-project-templavoila at lists.netfielders.de...