[TYPO3-templavoila] Inserting text with images descritpion text confuses editors

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Oct 5 00:17:08 CEST 2008

Hi Thomas,

> Lol, nope, not frustrated - Daddy's not mad, Daddy's just very. very
> disappointed  ;-)
> As I said, I have taugt t3 for many years and this is one of the things
> where I'd say I have a pretty good user-proofed basis to back up my claim.

Just to say that I agree with you 100%. I read once (not so old in fact)
an article written by Kasper itself in the t3 journal. He gave a
feedback of his first impressions with the courses he is/was taken, and
spoke about CAD software which were absolutely not user-friendly for him
as a new-comer to that world. He said that there was lots of shortcuts
to learn and so.

Now, for this very problem of text w/ image with two different
(arbitrary I think) configuration of "below" and "right to", I have the
feeling that even authors fear somehow to change what "works" and what
users learned to use or to configure another way each time they install
a new version of TYPO3. Personnally I do not get the point either of
having those two predefined configuration and agree that a single option
would fit all "common" redactor needs, but then people may claim that
they now need to click more to be able to get below and right. You know
better than me how editors may be sometimes... ;-)

The point is that I agree too with the fact that other CMS (TYPO3 is
sometimes wanted to be promoted as ECMS actually - just to shortcut this
argument) have "better" user-friendliness and many more lacks (or
other), but the fact is, TYPO3 is we must admit relatively old-fashioned
in its interface. It just works really great, don't misunderstand me,
and I really like very much what I can do (and code) with it but as an
end-user point of view, perhaps not very tackled with IT stuff, this is
quite complicated, not bad, but it needs training.

At the end, it gave you a job for many years... :D

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en