[TYPO3-templavoila] Wish list for TV

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Wed Oct 1 21:56:54 CEST 2008

 Hy Dmitry;
> Niels, before the code review, please, ensure the following:
> - TYPO3 functions are used instead of PHP functions if exist (for example, t3lib_div::trimExplode instead of explode)

 Um, I don't specifically use those, but the old code contains 15+ of
implicit implode/explode, I could fix them though ...
 Otherwise I tried as you say.
> - all parameters are properly sanitized (htmlspecialchars, intval, $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->fullQuoteStr)

 I didn't change IO, strictly speaking. We have to define a clear
behaviour in the case of wrong given XML though. Originally you edit the
DS field itself and blow up your BE/FE; actually you'll just loose the
wrong XML-node/leaf IMHO, because the XML gets prelimilarly processed;
possibly other behaviour would be desired.
> - code works with different character sets properly (UTF-8 with non-English characters should be ok)

dito.
> - code is commented enough to understand what it does (for example, "// Create TS editor control")

 I also sectionize code with seperators. And I write multi-line comments
... sometimes.
> - phpDocs exist for all functions

 Yup. I didn't run exteval though, so they aren't mentioned in the head yet.
> - code style follows TYPO3 coding conventions

 Hmmmm. :-) I tried always to use code-blocks, even though I prefer to
omit them on one-line conditions; I have the good habit of aligning code
vertically in presence of colums, like switches; I have an even better
habit of multi-line tri-graphs; ... I program since 16 years, that's
good and bad for my coding style.
 BTW cm1/index.php contains an insane mix of tab/expanded-tab (spaces),
looks nice when your tab-indent isn't 4.
> These are minimal requirements for the code.
>
> Again, I'd love to see this feature in TV! And I am really happy that there are people like Niels and Steffen, who are very enthusiastic and help to improve TV.
>
> I'll try to find time for this code next week. There is a lot of work (currently I am fixing small RealURL issues) but I hope I will find the time.
 Don't worry, doesn't get worst, the code, with time, unlike milk.
Steffen may spank me anyway before you. ;-)

 Ciao
    Niels