[TYPO3-templavoila] Wish list for TV

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Oct 1 21:15:12 CEST 2008

Hi!

Niels Fröhling wrote:
> I have some other things (fixes) in mind for TV, but as with all things
> I cook and taste in my own kitchen first, so-to-say.

As I said I'd love to see this functionality in TV :) But it needs to go through the code review first. I am not a fan of code reviews but I must be sure that code is well written before it goes to TV. TV is a very complex thing (more complex than TYPO3 core) and it needs really good coding style. Otherwise we will get unmanageable code. I did not see Neils'es code yet, so cannot comment on it. But given screenshots, I think the code should be good :) It is not possible to create a good product with a bad code. Since screenshots are good, code should be good too!

Niels, before the code review, please, ensure the following:
- TYPO3 functions are used instead of PHP functions if exist (for example, t3lib_div::trimExplode instead of explode)
- all parameters are properly sanitized (htmlspecialchars, intval, $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->fullQuoteStr)
- code works with different character sets properly (UTF-8 with non-English characters should be ok)
- code is commented enough to understand what it does (for example, "// Create TS editor control")
- phpDocs exist for all functions
- code style follows TYPO3 coding conventions

These are minimal requirements for the code.

Again, I'd love to see this feature in TV! And I am really happy that there are people like Niels and Steffen, who are very enthusiastic and help to improve TV.

I'll try to find time for this code next week. There is a lot of work (currently I am fixing small RealURL issues) but I hope I will find the time.

TYPO3 Core team
In the blog: http://typo3bloke.net/post-details/duplicate_content_with_realurl/