[TYPO3-templavoila] Templavoila problems

Christian Wolff Chris at connye.com
Mon May 19 13:15:49 CEST 2008

On Mon, 19 May 2008 12:25:59 +0200, Elke Krumrueck <krumrueck at hlrs.de>
wrote:

>  > These are not problems, these are concepts. Read the tutorial named
> "Futuristic template building" at typo3.org.
>
> Sorry, but your answer is not helpful in any way.
>
> I have similar problems and I have read and tried the tutorial and other
> documentation I found on the web multiple times. But I never managed to
> see the page module view as it is shown in chapter 1.2 "Adding page
> content" of the tutorial, where you have the content elements shown as
> some dotted-lined placeholder boxes as the page preview.
>
> But as this chapter is also the one in the tutorial where it says
> "WARNING: At this point the page module is under construction. Therefore
> screenshots are far from finished!" I am not sure wether I'm really
> supposed to see that demonstrated page content overview at all?! And if
> not, what should it look like and where to continue?
>
> All I get is the said list of "Non-used elements" and "Advanced
> functions" and maybe some entry I can select to "Clean xml of dirty
> elements". But nothing to help me create new page content or to put my
> page content elements together in an easy graphical way.
>
> Even the help link "What is the TemplaVoilá page module?" is still empty
> and does not provide an answer as to what the mysterious page module is.
>
> Regards,
> Elke

Hi Elke,
i personaly find the "wizzard" very confusing because it generates a lot
of stuff
you "normaly" dont need and. in my opinion makes it even harder to get the
concepts
of templa voila.

if you want a more "visual" stept by step guide through templa voila you
should
look at kaspars chrismas podcast (3)
download here:
http://castor.t3o.punkt.de/files/podkast_julestue3-build-website.m4v

in this video there is buildet a whole website based on templa voila.
hopefully this solves your problem. how to build a website with templa
voila.

the tutorial files used in this podcast can be found here:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Merry_Christmas_Tutorial
the url have changed. so the url shown in the video is outdated.

here ist the full list of kaspers podcasts:
http://typo3.org/podcasts/kasper/

there are some more christmas podcasts which take the sites even futher.
like lokalisation. and some special FCE building.

greets chris

--
Christian Wolff // Berlin
http://www.connye.com