[TYPO3-templavoila] Templavoila problems

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon May 19 12:33:51 CEST 2008

Elke Krumrueck wrote:
>  > These are not problems, these are concepts. Read the tutorial named
> "Futuristic template building" at typo3.org.
>
> Sorry, but your answer is not helpful in any way.

Too bad... I cannot offer better help.

> I have similar problems and I have read and tried the tutorial and other
> documentation I found on the web multiple times. But I never managed to
> see the page module view as it is shown in chapter 1.2 "Adding page
> content" of the tutorial, where you have the content elements shown as
> some dotted-lined placeholder boxes as the page preview.
>
> But as this chapter is also the one in the tutorial where it says
> "WARNING: At this point the page module is under construction. Therefore
> screenshots are far from finished!" I am not sure wether I'm really
> supposed to see that demonstrated page content overview at all?! And if
> not, what should it look like and where to continue?

Yes, that tutorial was written many years ago and page module has changed visually. But only visually.

Still tutorial tells you important concepts and what you need to do in order to put content to pages.

> All I get is the said list of "Non-used elements" and "Advanced
> functions" and maybe some entry I can select to "Clean xml of dirty
> elements". But nothing to help me create new page content or to put my
> page content elements together in an easy graphical way.

It means you did not go through the tutorial and did not map elements. Sorry, I cannot help you doing it. You truly need to read docs before asking questions.

> Even the help link "What is the TemplaVoilá page module?" is still empty
> and does not provide an answer as to what the mysterious page module is.

Read the FTB from the beginning to end. If you don't, there is nothing that can help you.

TYPO3 core team
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs