[TYPO3-templavoila] Problems mapping XML-files as TV-templates

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Jul 26 12:17:06 CEST 2008

Hi!

Franz Koch wrote:
> hmm - that would explain it :) But I'm wondering why it's limited to
> this. Maybe a hook or some service-driven parser might be nice to become
> more flexible. I'm asking for this, because I'm currently working on a
> flash website that is managed with Typo3.

TemplaVoila has certain logic that it must follow during mapping of HTML tags. Therefore there is a list of tags and information about them. Any unknown tags cannot be mapped.

> As mentioned above - maybe you could provide a hook for manipulating
> these tag-list in one of the future versions of TV - or service-driven
> parser DTDs or something :) But a hook might be sufficient. In the
> meantime I xclassed TV because I didn't want to use HTML, use mapping
> type "outside" and add all xml-tags as wraps.

Well, there are lots of requests for TV. When I choose what to fix my first priority is sponsored features. Next popular features. Next the rest.

TYPO3 Core team
Latest article: http://typo3bloke.net/post-details/do_not_ask_more_than_you_need/
More about TYPO3: http://typo3bloke.net/
Subscribe: http://typo3bloke.net/rss.xml