[TYPO3-templavoila] Problems mapping XML-files as TV-templates

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sat Jul 26 00:37:45 CEST 2008

Hi Dmitry,

thanks for your fast support.

>> I'm currently trying to map some XML nodes to my DS - but the mapping
>> engine of TV is not allowing me to map any XML node. It seems to map
>> only HTML-tags. I'm trying to map a file like this:
>
> TemplaVoila requires valid *XHTML*.

hmm - that would explain it :) But I'm wondering why it's limited to
this. Maybe a hook or some service-driven parser might be nice to become
more flexible. I'm asking for this, because I'm currently working on a
flash website that is managed with Typo3.

>> strange thing is, that the previous webmaster seemed to be able to map
>> the xml files. All I did is to add some more new nodes and tried to
>> update the mapping. But TV is only showing the content of the xml file
>> in one line and doesn't allow to map anything.
>
> He could map xml only if he used the same tag names as in XHTML.

I analysed the code of my predecessors former installation and found out
that he modified (not xclassed - wierdo) the html-parser class and added
his xml node-names to the tags list of the parser. That seemed to do the
trick though. And because I updated to the latest TER version id didn't
work anymore which drove me nuts.
As mentioned above - maybe you could provide a hook for manipulating
these tag-list in one of the future versions of TV - or service-driven
parser DTDs or something :) But a hook might be sufficient. In the
meantime I xclassed TV because I didn't want to use HTML, use mapping
type "outside" and add all xml-tags as wraps.
--
kind regards,
Franz Koch