[TYPO3-templavoila] Problem translating fields setup as 'Input Field' or 'textarea'

Christophe Stadler discopimp at pornogamy.net
Sun Jul 27 15:37:04 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have a 4 language site up and running, everything works well but i have a
problem finding a way to translate a field in my DS/TO. I want to use it for
the main header of each page, it is mapped to a H1 element.

I have created field_title and tried to configure it as a 'Plain Input
Field' or 'Textarea for bodytext' or 'header'. But when i do this there
seems to be no way to get to the translation of this item.

When i set up the field as a content element it works no problem and i get a
column in the tv-page mode. When i use input/textarea/header, the content i
entered for the default language appears under the TV columns (but still
inside the TV frame) but when i click on it get to the edit page of another
content element which is even on another page ...
I can only edit the defaut language title through the page properties, but
there i don't have an option to translate ...

How do i translate these items (fields set to ' input/textarea/header ') ?

Thx for any help with this ...