[TYPO3-templavoila] multiple menus

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Dec 31 14:07:44 CET 2008

Hello,

> In TemplaVoila, I'd like to create two menus which each get there menu items
> from the typo3 pages.
>
> Main_menu = list 6 of the 8 possible pages from the root structure. (pages
> such as: home, links, sponsors, donate etc).)
>
> header_menu = lists the remaining pages from the root structure. (pages
> named: about and downloads)

This has nothing special to do with TemplaVoila. You just have to map
two elements and associate them two TS object paths, such as
lib.mainMenu and lib.headerMenu.

> I am able to create the main_menu but it uses all 8 possible menu items from
> the root structure. I want any additional pages I create in the root
> structure to show up in the main_menu but only 2 of all possibilities to
> show up in the header_menu.
>
> I'm probably looking over some great feature here, but having read all
> documentation and some googling I'm really hoping someone can help me out on
> this one :p

Did you read TSref ? Because you may have missed the parameter
excludeUidList:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/8/11/

HTH

--