[TYPO3-templavoila] Simplify template object selection for pages and FCE

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Dec 28 15:03:24 CET 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> i think you misunderstood. Bad is if an option isn't available. I see
> the selector now after your patch.

Ok, sorry :)

> i mean also another thing, let me describe in code:
> If you create a new page and the parent page has set "Use template for
> subpages" it's unnecessary to render the template selector in
> class.tx_templavoila_mod1_wizards.php->renderWizard_createNewPage
>
> there the call
> $tmplSelector = $this->renderTemplateSelector ($positionPid,'tmplobj');
> should look for the parent page flag and use it if set instead of render
> the selector.

This part will be reworked completely. There will be totally new content element and page wizards :) Work for CE wizard is in progress right now. I though I will finish both till the January 1st but I aifraid ti will take further two weeks (till January 15 probably).

> btw - i never saw this selector with t3d which is called in same
> function. I see a hardcoded path
> PATH_site.$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['fileadminDir'].'/export/templates/
>
> where the t3d files have to reside. Is this used, why this path and who
> exports to this?

It can be a dead end. Probably one of Kasper's unfinished ideas. I do not remember that part right now :(

TYPO3 core team
In the blog: http://typo3bloke.net/post-details/how_will_i_fix_bugs_in_extensions_from_now_on/