[TYPO3-templavoila] Simplify template object selection for pages and FCE

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Dec 27 20:53:33 CET 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> reference: change in http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9985
>
> This change isn't good from usability side.

This change is made because of the feedback from editors who have to create pages and FCEs daily with different templates. So its usability is proved by a real life use case.

In the past 7 months I invested a lot of my time to study usability (almost every day). In this particular case I follow Robert Hoekman. He advices to ask less, especially if answer can be obtained without user's additional actions. I am confident in what I did in this case. I remove the necessity to select DS because this information already exists in TO. There is no need to ask user to make the choice twice.

> With removed DS selektor it's not possible to select a different DS for
> subpages. Either you check the option in EM and have same behaviour as
> before, or uncheck and no DS-Selektor anymore.

It was a simple bug. I fixed it yesterday.

TYPO3 core team
In the blog: http://typo3bloke.net/post-details/how_will_i_fix_bugs_in_extensions_from_now_on/