[TYPO3-templavoila] Verifications

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Aug 30 08:47:53 CEST 2008

Hi!

Niels Fröhling wrote:
> A "editor" that gives you all options (Typoscript-constants, stdWrap,
> etc.) for the fields where they are possible, with help-text (for
> example explaining the scope of the specific TS-fragment put), and
> omiting those option they don't have (possibly explaining "why not?" in
> a help-text). I haven't seen any help-text in the whole TVsystem at all
> yet (maybe I'm missing the important complete locallang.xml?).
>
> So when I have to search for the information necesary to solve the
> situation I have, I would like to collect and publish that information
> for others to take advantage of. I hope this can be for example in the
> form of a more elaborate DS-editor reflecting all possible options
> interpreted by the TV-renderer.

The thing is: TV does not render these form, TYPO3 does. So you will have to provide a custom field type for it. This is possible and would be nice. But the XML can be complex (sections, containers, different field types, etc). In any case this feature looks good!

TYPO3 Core team
In the blog: http://typo3bloke.net/pages/book-reviews/presentation-zen-by-garr-reynolds/