[TYPO3-templavoila] Verifications

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Sat Aug 30 16:07:08 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> The thing is: TV does not render these form, TYPO3 does. So you will have to provide a custom field type for it. This is possible and would be nice. But the XML can be complex (sections, containers, different field types, etc). In any case this feature looks good!

 Yes, I think my main complain of the DS-editor is, that once you modify
your XML, you can't use the (quote: "fun") DS-editor anymore. By
creating an editor that not only preserves custom or what-not elements,
but for example also gives some control over the TCE-form definition,
that would be a matter of the past then.

 I just uploaded the first patch for the "more elaborate"-series (to
bugs.typo3), it fixes the awesome ugly (and even uninformative)
DS-details and gave me the oportunity to really think all over again
about the XML.

 One of my question I think got messed up slightly. I asked if
/
parameter = field_parameter/

 would be substituted and you answered yes. But in this discussion
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-project-templavoila/2006-September/001303.html
it is stated it works only in stdWrap.field, and you resist enabling
/
parameter = {$field_parameter}/

 So now I ask myself, how exactly is the feature now implemented? I fail
to see any code related to field->TS transfer in
class.tx_templavoila_pi1, there is only constant->TS transfer. Do we
actually always have to do:
/
<TypoScript>
transfer = LOAD_REGISTER
//transfer.//field_parameter.//field = //field_parameter

...//

blaobj.thisisnostdwrap.butmaybeaselect.parameter = {$field_parameter}
</TypoScript>/

Or is even that not possible? How is the stdWrap-substitution realized
anyway? Is it possible to substitute fields that are logically ordered
_after_ the field for that I defined the TypoScript?

I ask so much because, if there is a chance to automate the
${}-substitution through standard TS, I would try to make it as a
checkbox available (something like 'publish fields to TS [yes/no]').

Ciao
    Niels