[TYPO3-templavoila] Misbehaving RTE-Fields - Was: Re: ANN: TemplaVoila 1.2

Tom Walter t3 at wnets.de
Tue Jan 23 20:40:37 CET 2007

Hello Miriam,
thanks for your reply.

Miriam Torbeck wrote:
> No, not terribly wrong... but have a look at your RTE-Configuration!
> You are deleting anything from the link-object, except the things which
> are defined by TS in your Template Setup for the tt_content.text-object.
>
> So it is quite easy to understand, what TYPO3 does: namely exactly what
> you "wanted" it to do:
>
> It takes away all styling of links - as you requested in RTE-Config -
> and adds your &raquo plus a   to the text-object, where you defined
> it to be.
>
> The result is what you are complaining of: TYPO3 uses the &raquo in the
> text-object, but nowhere else...

I read your post several times but somehow I still did not get an answer
to my problem. I hope I don't sound nagging or unfriendly - I really
appreciate any help and you already made twice an effort to help me ;-)

I do like to remove the image before the links, as well as the
css-class, the alt-tag and the title. I do not miss any of the stuff I
removed and I am fully aware that it is gone. (It is also gone for the
textarea which was not included in my FCE and works just as I intended to)

I did not find any way with the standard rtehtmlarea-configuration to
add two characters (&raquo ) before any link. There seems to be
only a way to add images.

So I was happy to find an extension (ml_links) which does exactly what I
need. According to the autor (Markus Friedrich) it also works with
Templavoila.

> I don't know that extension. And when it is meant for the link styling,
> then you should try to fix your setup yourself. This will be a short
> learning process, but will end up in a future independency from some
> what linkstyling extension...

Of course I would be happy for every extension I don't need - but there
seems to be no way without it.

The strange thing is, that two rte-areas on the same page are parsed
totally different - so somehow TV bypasses the parsing of the "standard"
rte and I don't know where it happens. I used a bit of rte-debugging but
could now find any difference in the backend between the two areas.

> To be honest: I just ran into a comparable mistake in one of my
> installations, and looked for a solution a day before... ;-) That's how
> it goes with TYPO3 - quite complex thing to work with.

I know - I am using T3 since version 3.5 - but I never encountered this
problem (I never had to add something to a link) and as of now neither
google or any other source could provide help.

> German links regarding RTE-Stuff:
> And also very good: Carla Froitzheim on RTE:
> http://www.site42.de/Wie-konfiguriert-man-den-RTE-h.58.0.html and

This is very good stuff - I found it also while looking for an answer to
my problem. I did already in another project lots of BE-configuration to
rte but not nearly as much as would be possible. (So when the issues
related to the FE are solved I will come back to this page and make my
own configuration.)

Tom