[TYPO3-templavoila] Language menu

Jorge Lino je.lino at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 13:50:33 CEST 2006

Hello.

I have a difficulty to which I am unable to find a solution, so I
thought of asking you.

I am doing a site with templavoila. I want to integrate multi
language capacities. I tried the method described on typo3 ( http://
typo3.org/documentation/tips-tricks/multi-language-sites-in-typo3/ ),
it didn't work. So I found some explanations on wikipedia, I was able
to put the translating system to work. When I put the direct links to
all translations in the browser address bar, it works perfectly.

I am trying now to integrate a language menu. I found the extension
sr_language_menu , and according to the description, it seems to be
very easy to apply (create a language selector content, then applying
it to the template). However, I must be missing some detail, and I'm
unable to understand the problem.

What I did:

1) Installed the extension sr_language_menu;

2) Created the content record with language selector, indicating I
want it to display flags, selected the languages, and put it on root
page;

3) Added:
	temp.languageMenu = COA
	temp.languageMenu {
	10 = RECORDS
	10.tables = tt_content
	10.source = 115 (as the id for the language selector content record
is 115)
	}

4) Added it on my template as a typoscript object path (on
templavoila menu, I do the preview and in exploded mode, the sample
text for the language selector field appears exactly where I would
like the flags to appear).

But somehow, it does not appear in any page...

Could somebody give me a hint on how integrating this language menu
in a templavoila template?

Many thanks!

Jorge Lino