[TYPO3-templavoila] [TYPO3] templavoila - AJAX enabled :)

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Thu Sep 28 10:39:16 CEST 2006

  Dmitry Dulepov
 >> Hi!
 >>
 > Benjamin Mack wrote:
 >> There is a lot of traffic going on and I think too that there is a
 >> lot of power there in improving not only the speed but also the
 >> usuability.
 >
 > It can be dome with up&down buttons also.

  In situations, where you move one step upward/downward faster to use than
  cut/paste but in other situations slower because in other cases you
  should repeat the action and reload the same page more times than using
  cut/paste.
  Up/down buttons are *not* solution for the traffic problem - only
  dragn'drop AJAX is.

 > Does it work for all typo3-supported browsers?

  that is not necessary requirement, if AJAX can be enabled/disabled
  for some user/user group. IMO it is not reasonable to think everything a
  that respect. If some functionality doesn't work in some browser,
  then put that just an extra option and that's it.

In overall AJAX should be an extra option - I have experience about this
issue. One user of tm_contentaccess asked me to put AJAX for BE
*optional* for some users/user groups so that some users can use it and
some not.
It should be anyway optional - if it doesn't work for certain browser,
you can usually have opition to use another browser.