[TYPO3-templavoila] Migrate to Templavoila

Matthias Nott mnott at mnsoft.org
Tue Nov 14 11:30:46 CET 2006

Hi Dimitry,

well, it does take into account the localisation in terms of which
language a given content element was made for. But we are probably
talking about different things here. What I simply did was to analyze on
the DB level what actually happens when I migrate manually a content
element, and then implemented the same process as a script.

Now of course that does not take into account content areas. Which was
o.k. for me as I had everything in my main content area, and my
Templavoila template structure also had a main content area where the
content had to go into.

For me, this was a major road block for migrating the site to
Templavoila. There are many paragraphs and many languages, and most of
them do not specify a "title" field, so when you have them all as
"unused" content elements in Templavoila, you just cannot easily copy
paste them. You pick the wrong ones, you pick the wrong order, etc.

As nothing came up this year in this area (only somewhere I wrote that
you can configure Templavoila to take a default content area
configuration attribute; I don't remember the name, yet it did not work
anyway), I decided to write that script.

If you want to create a migration plugin around the code I've written,
you're very welcome to do so.

Cheers,