[TYPO3-templavoila] Clipboard available in TV page module?

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu May 4 15:39:09 CEST 2006

Robert Lemke wrote:

> Anyway, if such a feature is going to be implemented, it would be wise
> putting it directly into TemplaVoila, not into an extension.

As you may have seen on TER new extension listing I updated the tv_clipboard
extension for TV 1.0.0 (1.0.1)

I think I'm quite familiar with the TV code and if you think it's ok I could
make a patch against TV 1.0.1 so this feature get's into the TV directly and
doesn't need to get added via those "bad" XCLASSes.

I mostly could solve the clipboard problem without extending the mod1/index.php
class except for the place where the clipboard get's displayed. I didn't want
to add it to a sidebar cause it is a tradition that the clipboard is at the bottom
of the module.

But I would also have to change t3lib/class.t3lib_clipboard.php - at least that's
what I'm doing currently - There's no other way to get an "interoperable" clipboard
between TV and the traditional Page Module (or List module).

for example the traditional clipboard stores entries like

'tt_content|123' => 1

in the clipData property of the class ... you can't use that with TV as the same UID
could get copied to the clipboard twice (if you cut/copy referenced elements).

I don't know how much you investigated my tv_clipboard extension but it solves this
problem by allowing entries like:

'XML|pages:sDEF:...' => 123

in the clipData array. XML is no "real" table but only a sign that the UID is given as
Flexform-Pointer String. The value is the real UID of the element pointing to so additional
check can be done.

If this contradicts your idea how it should work I will not start to make a patch.

greets,
Bernhard