[TYPO3-templavoila] Multilanguage setup - what am I missing?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Mon Mar 20 11:44:05 CET 2006

You are right Dmitry, but Brians description of the problem makes me
think I first need to understand the situation and paradigm better
before giving an answer. Thats why I asked for a login or screenshots
(because I'm beginning to collect "misunderstandings" in order to be
able to correct them - we all seem to think so differently on this
issue.).

- kasper

On Mar 20, 2006, at 11:28 , Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Brian Bendtsen wrote:
>> I changed this in the DS XML structure:
>>         <langChildren type="integer">1</langChildren>
>>         <langDisable type="integer">1</langDisable>
>> to:

>>         <langChildren type="integer">1</langChildren>
>>         <langDisable type="integer">0</langDisable>
>> and then it worked. I better write that down.
>
> This is "inheritance" mode. For _page_ DS you need "disabled" mode
> (because it is container for real content elements):

>    <langDisable type="integer">1</langDisable>
>
> This is what guide says:
> Use this type for FlexForm elements working as “container elements”
> providing structures for other content elements. In such cases it is
> highly unlikely that you want localization of the content element
> reference.
>
> Kasper, please, correct me if I am wrong again :)
>
> Dmitry.
> --
> "It is our choices, that show what we truly are,
> far more than our abilities." (A.P.W.B.D.)
> templavoila

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"