[TYPO3-templavoila] Localization Guide

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Mon Mar 20 10:53:07 CET 2006

Hi everyone.

As you know some localization related concept has recently changed in
TemplaVoila (CVS). For some of you this means that your backend Page
module "breaks" according to how it worked before. I'm sorting out
with Bernhard and Dmitry to introduce a configuration that can toggle
the old behaviour.

In the meantime this document (below) is meant as the definitive
guide to localization with TYPO3, including a large discussion about
how to handle localization with FlexForms and TemplaVoila. The
blessings of localization modes in FlexForms can also become a big
curse unless used with care and this document is my general
suggestion for a path to follow. It is also according to this
principle that TV will work in the future.

http://194.117.233.66/t3dl/localization_guide_2.pdf

Yet, both the document and TV is not "settled" yet (but might be
during this week!) and we are therefore open for discussion -
although it has turned out to be extremely difficult to convey these
concept through a written channel.

I also made a screencapture targetted to a specific instance (a bug
report in fact). You can choose to watch it when you have read the
document:
http://194.117.233.66/t3dl/why_inheritance_is_bad_for_your_ce.mov

50-some MB download, quick time.

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"