[TYPO3-templavoila] Localization Guide

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Mon Mar 20 11:22:19 CET 2006

Hi!

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> In the meantime this document (below) is meant as the definitive guide
> to localization with TYPO3, including a large discussion about how to
> handle localization with FlexForms and TemplaVoila. The blessings of
> localization modes in FlexForms can also become a big curse unless used
> with care and this document is my general suggestion for a path to
> follow. It is also according to this principle that TV will work in the
> future.
>
> http://194.117.233.66/t3dl/localization_guide_2.pdf

I have troubles downloading it from work, so I do not see if results of
recent discussions are there. But I want stress for new readers: from my
experience with this document - pay attention to details! In particular:
you need to understand that "flexform localization modes" are not "page
localization modes". Flexform localization modes affect only flexform
(and TV's page module). Page localization is different, it is defined by
"alternative page language" records. When you have this in mind, it is
much easier to understand and accept this new paradigm.

> Yet, both the document and TV is not "settled" yet (but might be during
> this week!) and we are therefore open for discussion - although it has
> turned out to be extremely difficult to convey these concept through a
> written channel.

But I think I finally got Kasper's view. Old approach is more simple but
it has fewer possibilities. So I am trying this new one and starting to
like it.

Dmitry.