[TYPO3-templavoila] Templavoila mapping problem

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jun 28 17:21:30 CEST 2006

Werner said:

>The body element maps ok, but when I try to map anything else (no matter
>whether it is Main Content Area or Main Menu I always get an exclamation
>mark with "No content found!"

Hi Werner

The problem is one I am very familiar with, but have finally worked out ..
lets see if I can explain it clearly enough that you will understand.

With each mapping, it is important to map "inner" and "outer" correctly -
inner if you want your content to go *between* the tags you are mapping to,
outer if you want the tags you are mapping to, to be included.

Eg - in section containers (and usually containers), you want the tags to be
mapped "outer" becs you are defining a section in TV according to the
section you defined in the html with div tags.

Other areas, such as an inline navigation that you have defined in the css,
you will want to map to the <ul> tag with "inner", becs you want the <li>
tags to repeat with your cObject, but not the <ul> tag.

The error message "no content found" is a bit misleading, becs what it
really means is either you are mapping inner/outer/range wrong, OR the way
you have your html, while it might validate, isn't going to work with the TV
mapping as you are trying to do it.

Hope that puts you on the right track.

Regards
Cate