[TYPO3-templavoila] fce and templavoila 1.0.1 wizard bug/problem ?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Wed Jun 21 13:35:02 CEST 2006

Hi!

Tim Kleigrewe wrote:
> the problem is that on "modfiy DS / TO" the complete META area is
> removed and has to be copied back to the xml strukture. even if you dont
> change anything there, thats quite confusing for a TV novice like me.

Why? TV warns you each time when you press "Modify DS/TO" that all
manual changes will be lost.

In most cases you need not to press this button at all, "Update mapping"
is much better if you only want to change mapping.

> the pagetree created by the wizard stays defect in case of selecting a
> different template without setting "general record storing" on that
> particular page.

Does you PAGE object in TS setup contain "tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page"
or "tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page"?

> two questions:
> is it possible to build a complete website with "langDisable=1" and add
> a language 3month later without destroying / rebuilding the page?

Yes.

> what is the best way to edit a created and used to/ds and keep the site
> running ? it seems that you have to be quite carefully there.

I edit manually and never use "Modify DS/TO". In fact if DS is more
complex than menu/content/news, I create it in xml manually, store in
the separate file in fileadmin and copy to DS XML field in BE.

Dmitry.