[TYPO3-templavoila] fce and templavoila 1.0.1 wizard bug/problem ?

Tim Kleigrewe x27 at e27.com
Wed Jun 21 15:10:46 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Tim Kleigrewe wrote:
>> the problem is that on "modfiy DS / TO" the complete META area is
>> removed and has to be copied back to the xml strukture. even if you dont
>> change anything there, thats quite confusing for a TV novice like me.
>
> Why? TV warns you each time when you press "Modify DS/TO" that all
> manual changes will be lost.

yes, but i didn't change the meta information, this is not obvious in my
opinion.

> In most cases you need not to press this button at all, "Update mapping"
> is much better if you only want to change mapping.

ok

>> the pagetree created by the wizard stays defect in case of selecting a
>> different template without setting "general record storing" on that
>> particular page.
>
> Does you PAGE object in TS setup contain "tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page"
> or "tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page"?

page.10 = USER
page.10.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page

this was created by the wizzard and a menu, submenu, content  are
rendered after the wizard has finished. TV is working there but without
FCEs - but i've updated the TO/DS and that seems to be the reason for that.

>> two questions:
>> is it possible to build a complete website with "langDisable=1" and add
>> a language 3month later without destroying / rebuilding the page?
>
> Yes.
>
>> what is the best way to edit a created and used to/ds and keep the site
>> running ? it seems that you have to be quite carefully there.
>
> I edit manually and never use "Modify DS/TO". In fact if DS is more
> complex than menu/content/news, I create it in xml manually, store in
> the separate file in fileadmin and copy to DS XML field in BE.

i think i will try to do so too and go on testing TV and reading the
docs stacking on my desk.

thanx a lot!

tim