[TYPO3-templavoila] Using conditional comments in TV

Christopher bedlamminusspamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 01:23:43 CEST 2006

Jan Wulff wrote:
> Hi,
>> I guess Dimitry is talking about fixing the various 'haslayout' bugs in
>> IE using valid but theoretically irrelevant or incorrect css
>> However, I prefer to use conditional comments because they make
>> stylesheet maintenance far simpler.
> Thanks for writing this, but I know all of these tricks. I was asking
> Dmitry for a way to solve this bugs without hacks, because he said he would
> do it without. All solutions you were listing are hacks (the same hacks I'm
> using), some of them harmless, but they are hacks.

Well, I wouldn't call valid css a 'hack', even if it's excess. *shrug*

<snip>

>> In any case, the workaround for your problem that works /now/ (and
>> which, I imagine you figured out a long time ago) is just to do all css
>> calls using TS.
> Yes, but that prevents the effective use of different TV page templates.

Can you explain how? I've never had the least difficulty in this respect
with TV. A class or id attribute on the body element for a given
template--easy to do in the TV gui--allows plenty of latitude for
variations (and is unaffected by the issue with the T3 html parser and
conditional comments).

-Christopher