[TYPO3-templavoila] Using conditional comments in TV

Jan Wulff messages at janwulff.de
Tue Jun 6 23:41:33 CEST 2006

Hi,
> I guess Dimitry is talking about fixing the various 'haslayout' bugs in
> IE using valid but theoretically irrelevant or incorrect css
> However, I prefer to use conditional comments because they make
> stylesheet maintenance far simpler.
Thanks for writing this, but I know all of these tricks. I was asking
Dmitry for a way to solve this bugs without hacks, because he said he would
do it without. All solutions you were listing are hacks (the same hacks I'm
using), some of them harmless, but they are hacks. I prefer them before
messing up the markup, too. In short it looks like both of us have the same
opinion about this subject, because I prefer conditional comments, too.
Particularly with the chaos IE7 will spread.

> In any case, the workaround for your problem that works /now/ (and
> which, I imagine you figured out a long time ago) is just to do all css
> calls using TS.
Yes, but that prevents the effective use of different TV page templates.

Best Regards
Jan