[TYPO3-templavoila] Using conditional comments in TV

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Tue Jun 6 20:29:20 CEST 2006

Hi!

Jan Wulff wrote:
> I don't want to be impolite, but could you please give me an example for
> such a solution to the above-mentioned bugs without a hack? For all the
> three bugs you have to use either css-hacks or use elements in your html
> code, you wouldn't need in a standard-conform browser.

Well, my native language is not English, I do not really know what names
of these bugs mean. What I usually do is constantly checking with at
least three browsers (msie, ff, opera) that output looks the same. This
sometimes requires several DIVs, SPANs, cleaner DIV and usage of
"!important" property. But it all works.

I got a lot of useful knowledge about CSS from books in my language and
from learning CSS Zen Garden examples.

> Ok, thanks, but shouldn't this be relative easy to implement? I mean, is
> there a reason why the TV output is always the last one in the html head?

I answered this already two times. I wil answer once more (the last
time): this is not tv problem but ptoblem of typo3 html parser, which is
not in tv but inside typo3 core, which is much harder to change.

Dmitry.