[TYPO3-templavoila] Fallback to default language in page properties

Tristan Koch tristan at tknetwork.de
Wed Feb 8 11:15:43 CET 2006

Hi all!

I'm using Typo3 4.0beta-2 and TemplaVoilà 1.0 (from Robert's page). I've
created a datastructure which includes a couple of TyposcriptObjects,
defined in extension templates. One of those objects describes a
graphical header, another one loads an image. Text of this graphical
header and path to the image is given in the page properties (section
content). So far so good.

The website I'm talking about is planned to be localized to 4 languages.
  For now, I need to add an image for every single localization. Is
there a way to fallback to the default language when the localized field
(say: image) is empty/blank?

I'm aware of language_overlay and softMergeIfNotBlank. Unfortunately, it
does not seem to work for page properties, but maybe I'm missing something.

I've already tried to set <langOverlayMode> within the image_field in
the DS. <langDisable> seems to be a global setting. Is there a way to
disable localization for specific field within a DS? I think that would
be ideal for the image field.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Tristan