[TYPO3-templavoila] Usability problem selecting templates

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Thu Dec 7 14:20:02 CET 2006

Jens Hoffmann kirjoitti:
> Hi Tapio,
>
> I don't really get this ... sorry.

Main problems

1) All used terms are overtechnical for simple editors

2) If you want to change both DS and TO you must reload the
page several times

Both are very bad usability flaws for simple editors

> I use only TV ... so maybe I can't see the "tree in the forest". :)
yes, you can't - I have tested both TemplaVoila and classic page module
+ most plugins, which create nested templates.
Changing main and sub-templates I don't need to reload page! I can
define both the main and content area template at the same time.
Changing templates the classic page module has much better usability
than TemplaVoila - this the main reason, why I use the classic page
module and not TemplaVoila. But because one of my customer uses
only TemplaVoila I would like to offer him much better functionality.
The usability of TemplaVoila is just for me unsatisfactory.