[TYPO3-templavoila] Dropping the 'General Record Storage Page' requirement for TV?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Tue Apr 18 15:37:55 CEST 2006

Hi!

Franz Koch wrote:
> Well, it would work if I would store every record from extensions in the
> same folder - but I don't want to do this as it is much easier for
> editors to have a separate folder for the records of different
> extensions and it is much easier to provide TCEMAIN-functions to clear
> the cache of certian pages or for access restrictions.

Cache is not really applicable here. Access restrictions - yes but you
can solve it with user permissions for tables in current typo3 versions.

> On the pages 'News', 'References' and 'Internal' I won't be able to add
> any FCE or select a TV-Template or DS.
>
> Now see the 'problem'? Should be reproduceable in every installation.
> GRSPs are a nice idea, but as core/system related stuff also depends on
> it (fe_login, TV), it seems to conflict with extensions that also make
> use of the GRSP features.

Yes, I see and understand :) I share your view. I am just trying to tell
that it will be hard to change. It is easy to obtain storage PID, it is
just a single call to the core. But if you need to obtain another field,
you have to trace the whole root line until you find the value and
possibly deal with multiple mount points (I do not remember if core does
it by default). Since this is quite tricky, this logic should be in the
core. I see it as returning _STORAGE_PID as before from that core
function (do not remember its name) and something like _STORAGE_PIDS for
the full list. But then each extension must be aware of it.

Dmitry.