[TYPO3-templavoila] Dropping the 'General Record Storage Page' requirement for TV?

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Tue Apr 18 14:19:43 CEST 2006

Hi Dimitry,

>>Now, the problem is that several extensions also require a 'general
>>record storage page' and if it is set, TV doesn't work in these pages
>>and subpages correctly. I'm no longer able to select any template or to
>>insert a FCE.
>

> I use TV together with mininews and a couple of my own extensions. They
> all share this folder without any problem.
>
> If problem happens, it means it is a bug.

Well, it would work if I would store every record from extensions in the same folder - but I don't want to do this as it is much easier for editors to have a separate folder for the records of different extensions and it is much easier to provide TCEMAIN-functions to clear the cache of certian pages or for access restrictions.

Simple example:

root (GRSP 'storage Folder' as needed for TV)

 |- News (GRSP 'news records' for usage of GRSP-category feature of tt_news)
 | |- Newscategory 1 (tt_news + some other CEs and FCEs which are not available)
 | |- Newscategory 2 (tt_news + some other CEs and FCEs which are not available)

 |- References (GRSP 'referenc records' for usage of GRSP-category feature of tt_news)
 |- Company
 |- Internal (protected area with login, GRSP 'fe_users' for login-page etc.)
 | |- Internal News (GRSP 'news internal', no fe_user login possible)

 |- Contact
 |- Whatever

 |- [storage Folder] (contains TV stuff and other templates)
   |- [news records] (tt_news categories and records)
   |- [news internal] (tt_news categories and records)
   |- [reference records] (tt_news categories and records)
   |- [fe_users] (fe_user records and fe_groups)

On the pages 'News', 'References' and 'Internal' I won't be able to add any FCE or select a TV-Template or DS.

Now see the 'problem'? Should be reproduceable in every installation. GRSPs are a nice idea, but as core/system related stuff also depends on it (fe_login, TV), it seems to conflict with extensions that also make use of the GRSP features.

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch