[TYPO3-templavoila] Dropping the 'General Record Storage Page' requirement for TV?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Tue Apr 18 12:49:35 CEST 2006

Hi!

Franz Koch wrote:
> Now, the problem is that several extensions also require a 'general
> record storage page' and if it is set, TV doesn't work in these pages
> and subpages correctly. I'm no longer able to select any template or to
> insert a FCE.

I use TV together with mininews and a couple of my own extensions. They
all share this folder without any problem.

If problem happens, it means it is a bug.

> I never liked the GRSP concept as it causes only trouble. Storage
> folders should be set in a constant or in a flexform of the concerning
> extension.

Well, I thought it could be a separate entry in the "pages" table. It
would be much easier and more logical to have a dedicated folder for TV
data. But after studying code I understood why "storage folder" was
chosen: it is really easy and cheap to obtain it from typo3 core. Much
easier and cheaper than any other field. In other words, it is
performance-related.

> So I'd really apreciate if TV could drop the usage of a GRSP and instead
> use either pageTS oder whatever.
> Another solution might be to allow multiple GRSPs for a page - which
> would make more sense for me than limiting to only one without any
> recursiv-options etc.

Many GRSP is not an option because will break many other extensions.

> What do you think about it? Should we discuss this as a TV related
> problem, or as a general one in the dev-list?

Not sure...

Dmitry.