[TYPO3-templavoila] Dropping the 'General Record Storage Page' requirement for TV?

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Tue Apr 18 18:32:36 CEST 2006

Hi Dimitry,

> Cache is not really applicable here. Access restrictions - yes but you
> can solve it with user permissions for tables in current typo3 versions.

Yes, I can grant or deny permissions for record-tables on a general basis with enablefields, but how about editors that f.e. should be able to only edit certian tt_news-records related to the branch of the website they are responsible for? Therefor a different storage folder would be nice - and in addition it could contain related new_categories for this branch.

Ok, the clearCache command is not a big point, but still a nice feature that can be applied if f.e. news-records are stored in a seprate storageFolder and that folder automatically clears the cache for the branch of the website where the news are shown (probably in a 'latest news' section on every page in a branch).

> Yes, I see and understand :) I share your view. I am just trying to tell
> that it will be hard to change. It is easy to obtain storage PID, it is
> just a single call to the core.

I know that it won't be easy to change (never said that ;-) ), but that's why I started the discussion here - to find a way or a solution that might suite better in future.
Fetching the storage PID might be a single call in the core - but I suppose this single call will also perform a full rootline-scan for a storage folder.
--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch