[TYPO3-templavoila] Found a realy sweet bug .. ;-)

Martin Klaus klausm at in.tum.de
Sat Apr 8 18:29:52 CEST 2006

Hi Robert,

> Yes, that's a magic one - but it's logical: Since the frontend editing is
> not TemplaVoila aware (yet, we can do that for TYPO3 4.1), it just says
> "move this element to after this element". If you look at the List module,
> I you see the elements sorted all at one level:
>
>   element left #1
>   element left #2
>   element left #3
>   element right #1
>   element right #2
>   element right #3
>
> So if you move element right#1 one up, it will become element left#4.
> That's
> the basic scenario.
>
> I tried to handle movement of elements at least in the top level (ie.
> elements inserted directly into the page's columns), but I can imagine
> that
> it fails with nested FCEs.
>
> I see, that this is not really the wanted behaviour, on the other hand I
> think that we can neglect this issue for today as it's not really a show
> stopper. When the coffee level is back to normal I can think about a
> solution or - much better - someone of you let's his brain working on a
> sexy implementation for it ...

As my coffee level got back to normal, i started to implement a solution :-)
I don't know, if it's a sexy implemention at the moment, but as a first
test of concept it seems to work nicely.

See http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3191
if you want to give it a try.

As I have to learn for my diploma exams at the moment, i won't have
time to develop it further, but I hope it is a good starting point for
having a
TV-aware FE-Editing in Typo3 v4.1

cheers,
Martin Klaus