[TYPO3-templavoila] Found a realy sweet bug .. ;-)

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Apr 7 16:00:00 CEST 2006

Hi Chris,

Chris Wittmann [Swift Lizard] wrote:

> sorting of ContentElements in FE works fine, as long as you sort in
> pages, ever tried to sort in fces ? Nice bug  apears then.

> as i tried to sort those elemnts  in the FCE with two Columns they
> didn?t apear one up odr down .. no magic begins... sim sala bim the
> elemts from the FCE in the pages Centercolumn apear in the right
> column... if they had been in the rightcolumn of the fce, otherwise they
> appear in the left column(when they had been in the left column of the
> fce)...

Yes, that's a magic one - but it's logical: Since the frontend editing is
not TemplaVoila aware (yet, we can do that for TYPO3 4.1), it just says
"move this element to after this element". If you look at the List module,
I you see the elements sorted all at one level:

   element left #1
   element left #2
   element left #3
   element right #1
   element right #2
   element right #3

So if you move element right#1 one up, it will become element left#4. That's
the basic scenario.

I tried to handle movement of elements at least in the top level (ie.
elements inserted directly into the page's columns), but I can imagine that
it fails with nested FCEs.

I see, that this is not really the wanted behaviour, on the other hand I
think that we can neglect this issue for today as it's not really a show
stopper. When the coffee level is back to normal I can think about a
solution or - much better - someone of you let's his brain working on a
sexy implementation for it ...

But yes, it's a sweat and magic bug.

Cheers,
robert

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development