[TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila - BAD for skinning

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Fri Apr 7 22:37:18 CEST 2006

R. van Twisk wrote:

> Because sometimes you need to have something up and running quickly.
> Eventhough it is quick and dirty (no offence).

yes - using styles and/or htmlattributes is fast - I addmit
that I have done that sometimes too

> Also, don't forget that as far as I remember skinning of typo3 was not
> such a big issue before version 3.8.1 (Am I right?).

there was skins before but it has become a bigger issues today

> So Tapio, please be patient

My worst feature is certain impatience. But it seems that it not now
reasonable to do any remarkable layout-changes to TemplaVoila.
When I compared 0.4 and 1.0 I found renamed functions and much
changes. If I now would make remarkable changes I might loose them soon.
Why I have done something is that one of my e-mail friend asked that.

One big layout issue in TemplaVoila in overall is that it doesn't fit
properly with existing modules - it looks out IMO too different.

It needs also disable feature - a module configuration for users/user
groups, for example mod.TemplaVoila in order simplify it for certain users.

That is easy to do but seems that it is not reasonable to do that using
XCLASSing because remarkable quantity of source code might change.

Personally I don't use TemplaVoila just because it has too much
non-finished features, but because of existing user I might do something.